In a joint statement that was released on Monday morning by the PGA Tour, European Tour, USGA, R&A, PGA of America, and the Masters, we now have an idea of how the remainder of the 2020 golf season is going to play out, at least as far as the major events are concerned.
While the majors are the main focus of the reschedule, there’s also the FedExCup playoffs to think about.
The FedEx Cup Playoffs will all be shifted back one week. This is how the new playoff schedule will look:
- August 10-16 – Wyndham Championship
- August 17-23 – THE NORTHERN TRUST
- August 24-30 – BMW Championship
- August 31-September 7 (Labor Day) – TOUR Championship
In addition, the Tour announced that it will use the new openings in the schedule from the cancelled Open Championship and Olympics to try and stage additional Tour events. From the release:
- TO BE CONFIRMED: June 15-21 (formerly U.S. Open week) – potential PGA TOUR event
- TO BE CONFIRMED: July 13-19 (formerly The Open Championship week) – potential PGA TOUR event
- TO BE CONFIRMED: July 27-August 2 (formerly Men’s Olympic Competition week) – potential PGA TOUR event
- CONFIRMED: PGA TOUR’s season-ending event/FedExCup Playoffs
- August 10-16 – Wyndham Championship, Sedgefield Country Club, Greensboro, North Carolina
- August 17-23 – THE NORTHERN TRUST, TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts
- August 24-30 – BMW Championship, Olympia Fields CC, Olympia Fields, Illinois
- August 31-September 7 (Labor Day) – TOUR Championship, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta, Georgia