It took an extra day thanks to Typhoon Bualoi, but Tiger Woods won for the 82nd time on the PGA Tour last night (Monday morning in Japan).
Winning the inaugural Zozo Championship, Tiger tied Sam Snead for the most wins in PGA Tour history. In honor of the momentous occasion, let’s take a look at some crazy Tiger stats that came from this historic win (note: all stats come from the PGA Tour).
- Tiger won for the 82nd time in his 359th start. That’s a nearly 23% winning percentage over his career.
- Yesterday’s win was his 14th wire-to-wire win, most of any player since 1983.
- The victory in Japan is the 7th country where Woods has won an event. The others are the United States, England, Scotland, Spain, Canada, and Ireland.
- Tiger improves to 44-for-46 when holding the 54-hole lead.
- Yesterday’s win the 8th time that Tiger has opened his season with a win.
This gem, courtesy of ESPN’s Trey Wingo, might just be the craziest one from the weekend:
Perspective: Koepka, McIlroy, DJ, Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm, Patrick Cantlay, Justin Rose, Xander Schauffele, Bryson Dechambeau and Francesco Molinari have a total of 81 combined tour wins. Tiger won his 82nd on Monday
— trey wingo (@wingoz) October 28, 2019